We are very pleased to provide you with information about the ScholarShare 529 Workplace Savings Program a college savings plan. Higher education can offer your child or grandchild the opportunity to gain experiences and skills needed to make the most of their personal and professional potential. Paying for that education, however, can be daunting. Thankfully, there are programs that can lighten the burden.
What is ScholarShare529 Savings Plan?
ScholarShare 529, is California’s state-sponsored and nationally-recognized college savings plan managed by TIAA-CREF Tuition Financing, Inc.
ScholarShare 529 is an industry leader with a 20-year track record of helping families like yours accumulate assets to cover future college costs. Families appreciate the plan’s special features including:
- 100% Tax-Free Growth, which helps them accumulate more money for higher education compared to saving in a taxable account
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified higher education expenses, like tuition, food, books, computers, and more
- The money accumulated can be used at most colleges nationwide and many abroad—undergraduate and graduate programs, community colleges and trade schools
- The plan offers a variety of professionally managed investment portfolios to fit your life situation, risk tolerance, and college savings goals
- An account can be set-up online in about 15 minutes
- Start with any dollar amount
To learn more about ScholarShare529 visit www.scholarshare529.com
Need More Information?
Talk to Your Dedicated Consultant:
How to Enroll
Enroll online at ScholarShare529.com.
What you will need:
- The date of birth and Social Security or federal taxpayer identification number for the beneficiary and account owner.
- The date of birth for the successor account owner, should you choose to designate one.
- Select an investment portfolio that matches your investment saving objectives.
When opening a new ScholarShare 529 account online, employees may elect to have regular deposits made from your personal checking/savings account or from your paycheck.
Setting-up Direct Deposit from your County Paycheck:
If you elect payroll contributions, ScholarShare 529 will provide payroll instructions at the end of the enrollment process. The instructions will provide everything you need to fill out the County’s payroll direct deposit form. Deliver completed Direct Deposit Authorization Form for Payroll to your Department Payroll Clerk for processing. Please check your email inbox for the ScholarShare email and instructions on how to complete the Direct Deposit Authorization Form.
NOTE: You must attach and submit the completed ScholarShare Direct Deposit Form together with the County’s Direct Deposit Authorization Form for Payroll.