Accessory dwelling units (or “granny units,” “in-law units,” and various other names) are smaller units built on the same property as, or attached to, an existing primary residence. The County of San Mateo regulates the production of second units in the unincorporated areas of the County only (those areas that are not in the jurisdiction of incorporated cities). Find the regulating ordinance attached below.
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Regulations - Non-Coastal
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Regulations - Coastal Zone
- JADU Deed Restriction Template
- LCP Map 3.2 ADU Special Parking El Granada-Pillar Point
- LCP Map 3.1 ADU Special Parking Moss Beach-Montara