CalFresh provides nutrition assistance to people with low income. It can help buy nutritious foods for a better diet. If approved, a monthly dollar amount is placed on a debit-like card to help you add to your monthly food budget.
Are you getting your $30/month internet discount?
Apply at Affordable Connectivity.gov
¿Ya recibe su descuento de $30/mensual para internet?
¡Solicítelo ya! ! En Affordableconnectivity.gov
Calling all first time Kindergartners and First graders!
Summer Meals In San Mateo County Information
Looking for Summer Meals? Click here Use the link to find a local food distribution site.
Mobile Farmers' Market
Mercado Móvil de Agricultores
Use Market Match at Farmers Markets
Information on Expedited Services (ES). Click here for more information. If you are Out of the State, please call (650) 594-5917.
Information on minimum requirement to apply. Click here for more information. Call 1(800) 223-8383 or if you are Out of the State, please call (650) 594-5917.
The Pandemic EBT (P-EBT), click here for more information https://www.cdss.ca.gov/home/pandemic-ebt
1. IMPORTANT NOTICE! In accordance with the new social distancing mandate issued by county officials, clients are strongly encouraged to submit verifications using the following methods:
- Fax (650) 620-9732
- Online at getcalfresh.org
- Via drop boxes located outside of any of our regional offices
To request a replacement EBT card, please call (877) 328-9677 for assistance.
Need food? Apply for CalFresh today at getcalfresh.org or any of the methods stated above. You can also call (800) 223-8383 to apply for CalFresh by phone. If you are out of State, please call (650) 594-5917. We can assist you in many languages, please let your worker know what language you will need. For a list of languages click here.
2. BEWARE! Be on the lookout for potential scammers using the COVID-19 situation to steal personal information. If you’ve received a text or phone call asking for your personal information, contact us or California representatives right away at (877) 847-3663. We will never text or call you requesting personal information, such as your EBT card number, personal identification number (PIN) or social security number.
To stay on top of potential scams, please visit USDA’s SNAP scam alert webpage at https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/scam-alerts.
3. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CALFRESH TIME LIMIT. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the CalFresh time limit has been temporarily suspended statewide.
During this time, ABAWDs will not be required to meet the work requirement to keep receiving CalFresh.
4. The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 introduces two temporary changes to the CalFresh student eligibility rule to expand eligibility to students who are eligible for federal or state work study or who have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of zero dollars. For more information please see links to flyers below.
Temporary Changes to the Student Eligibility Rule
FAQs -Temporary Changes to the Student Eligibility Rule
5. Please read the flyer below for important information regarding updates to the public charge rule. You can also click here for a copy of the flyer.
Lea la información importante sobre las novedades de la Regla de Carga Pública.También puede hacer clic aquí para obtener una copia del folleto.
6. The new Supplemental Nutrition Benefit (SNB) Program and Transitional Nutrition Benefit (TNB) Programs benefits amounts have been increased to more accurately mitigate the loss of CalFresh benefits for households impacted by the 2019 Expansion of CalFresh to SSI recipients. Please see the charts below for new benefit amounts.
7. Please read the flyer below if you are a Transitional Nutrition Benefit (TNB) Recipients. As always, please call us at 800-223-8383 if you have any questions. If you are Out of the State, please call (650) 594-5917.
8. A new more secure Electronic Benefit Transfer Card (EBT) in on its way coming May 2022. If you have any questions regarding your new secure card, please call (877) 328-9677.