calculator and papers

Financial Assistance is provided to eligible adults and children with low or no income through a variety of publicly funded programs. If you meet the qualifications, one of the following financial assistance programs may be able to assist. San Mateo County Human Services Agency also offers public assistance programs for Non-Citizens based on their immigration status. Please click the box below to read more about each program including how to apply:

CalWORKs Fact Sheet

CAPI Fact Sheet

General Assistance Fact Sheet

CalWORKs General Assistance CAPI Veteran Services RCA TCVAP
General Questions Easy ways to Apply Submit Verifications
General Questions

1-800-223-8383 or (650) 594-5917

Easy ways to Apply

In Person:
Visit an HSA Office location

By Mail:
Download an application and mail the completed application to one of our offices or call 1-800-223-8383 to have one mailed to you.


BenefitsCal (

Apply for food (CalFresh), cash aid (CalWORKs, GA/GR, RCA, TCVAP), and health coverage benefits (Medi-Cal).

Create an account to view your benefits and submit reports and renewals. You can also track your application status and upload documents.

Benefits Cal logo


Submit Verifications

Submit Verifications

Submit your verifications for CalFresh, Medi-Cal, CalWORKS, General Assistance, and/or CAPI by clicking the link below.

Submit Verifications