Through strategic partnerships and collaboration, the Human Resources Department attracts, develops and retains a high performing, inclusive and diverse workforce and fosters a healthy, safe, well-equipped and productive work environment for employees, their families, departments, community partners and the public in order to maximize individual potential, expand organizational capacity and position the County of San Mateo as an employer of choice.
- Valuing, Encouraging, and Supporting a Diverse Workforce;
- Continually Improving Individual and Organizational Effectiveness;
- Anticipating and Meeting the Changing Needs of the Workforce / Family;
- Championing Career and Professional Growth;
- Creating and Enhancing Strategic Partnerships; and
- Enhancing Services Through Technology.
- Promote Honesty, Integrity, and Trust: We honor our commitments and conduct business in a manner that promotes fairness, respect, honesty, and trust.
- Celebrate Teamwork: We encourage the diversity of thoughts, experiences, and backgrounds and celebrate participation and partnership in all of our endeavors.
- Encourage Communication: We solicit the input of others and strive for transparency and inclusiveness.
- Focus on Our Customers: We have a passion for service and are committed to knowing our customers’ business, anticipating their needs, and exceeding expectations.
- Embrace Change and Innovation: We are open to possibility and foster creativity and risk-taking to support continuous improvement.
- Champion Employee Development: We are committed to maximizing the potential of every individual and to support and promote the County as a learning organization.
- Model Leadership: We lead by example and advocate equitable treatment in our behaviors, policies, and practices.
- Produce Quality Results: We believe those we serve deserve excellent service, a safe, productive, and healthy work environment, and quality results.