Sandbag Pick-Up Locations
County residents in unincorporated areas may pick up sandbags (limit 15) free of charge at the following locations. In addition to pre-made sandbags, the County provides materials (loose sand and sandbags) for individuals to fill as many bags as they need on their own. PRE-MADE SANDBAGS ARE NOT FOR INDUSTRIAL OR COMMERCIAL BUSINESSES.
Unincorporated Pickup Locations
Princeton Corporation Yard
203 Cornell Avenue
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Grant Corporation Yard
752 Chestnut Street
Redwood City, CA 94063
La Honda Corporation Yard
59 Entrada Way
La Honda, CA 94020
Pescadero High School
350 Butano Cutoff Road
Pescadero, CA 94060
Sandbag Resources (as of 01/05/2023)
Proper Use of Sandbags
Quick Storm Preparation Tips
- Check roof drains and down spouts to make sure they are clear of debris.
- Keep children away from creeks and large drains which can be deadly during storms.
- Keep leaves and yard trimmings out of storm drains and gutters.
- Don't forget your pets, and don’t forget to pick up pet waste to prevent water pollution.
- Turn off automatic sprinklers.
- Don't store hazardous materials in areas that may be subject to flooding.
- Store emergency supplies (first aid kit, essential medicines, cash, food, non-electric can opener, portable battery-operated radio, flashlights and spare batteries) in air-tight bags and in handy locations.
- Keep your car fueled/charged. If electric power is cut off, filling stations may not be able to operate.
- Clean and clear creek/channel/storm drainage systems on your property.
Emergency Phone Numbers
|San Mateo County Department of Public Works Emergency Line (24 Hours)||(650) 363-4100|
|San Mateo County Department of Public Works (Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm)||(650) 363-4100|
|San Mateo County Office of Emergency Services (OES)||(650) 363-4790|
|California Office of Emergency Services||(916) 464-1013|
|To report downed wires or power lines, a power outage, a gas leak or other related emergency, call PG&E||(800) 743-5000 OR 911|
|Red Cross Disaster Services||(650) 259-1750|