The County of San Mateo is a member of the San Mateo Employment Relations Consortium, consisting of a number of local agencies (cities, counties and special districts) that share quality management/supervisor training provided by California's highly respected law firm of Liebert Cassidy Whitmore (LCW). LCW workshop leaders are practicing attorneys who specialize in public sector employment and labor law. Target audiences vary by topic.
Most Recent LCW Sessions:
- FLSA: New Developments and Hot Topics”
- Legal Issues Related to Generational Diversity and Succession Planning: Opportunities for Building a Stronger Workforce
- Front Line Defense
- Current Developments in Workers’ Compensation
- How to Succeed in the Public Sector
- Workplace Bullying: The Silent EpidemicPreventing Workplace Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation
- Managing Performance Through Evaluation
Watch for emails announcing these upcoming workshops and how to register!
Information received at these educational seminars does not constitute legal advice and is not a substitute for contacting legal counsel at the County Counsel's Office. Attendees with questions, or who encounter situations similar to those discussed or addressed at this seminar, should still contact (with their supervisor’s approval) their department’s attorney at the County Counsel's Office for legal advice as to how to proceed.