The Equal Employment Opportunity Advisory Committee will monitor, review, and make recommendations on all elements of the County's Equal Employment Opportunity Plan with respect to:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Programs developed or implemented by the County or its organizations.
- Proposed changes or modifications to the Equal Employment Opportunity Plan and its programs.
- Issues that relate to the successful implementation of the County's Equal Employment Opportunity Plan such as:
- Organizations and resources to administer an effective EEO Program
- Recruitment and retention
- Selection and related personnel activities
- Upward mobility
- Program understanding and support
- The Committee will consist of no more than 15 members appointed by the County Manager, and 3 liaisons as follows:
- Commission on the Status of Women
- Civil Service Commission
- Commission on Disabilities
- The Committee shall nominate its own Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson biannually in the month of December.
- The Committee members will serve at the discretion of the County Manager. Term of office will normally run from January 1 to December 31. In the event of a vacancy for any reason, the County Manager will make appointments to fill the unexpired term and consider the recommendations made by the Committee.
- All regular meetings will be held bimonthly on the second Thursday of the month at 10:30 a.m. Special meetings may be scheduled as required.
- When a Committee member is absent for three (3) consecutive meetings (un-excused), the seat shall become vacant and the incumbent be deemed to have automatically resigned.