The County offers an excellent benefits package that is available to spouses, domestic partners, and other dependents.
- Retirement: A choice of three County Retirement System plans and health benefits for retirees.
- Insurance: Choice of three medical and two dental plans with the majority of the premium paid for employee and eligible family members plus Flexible Spending Account option. The vision care plan is fully paid for employee and eligible dependents. The County provides $50,000 of Basic Life Insurance.
- Additional Insurance: Family Death, Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance policies are available to employees. Long Term Disability benefits fully paid by the County.
- Vacation: Employees receive 13 paid days a year for the first 5 years of service. Additional days are added with increased years of service.
- Administrative Leave: Management employees accrue 130 hours per year to use as time off. In April of each year, employees have the opportunity to convert 50% of their then current Administrative Leave hours balance for a cash payment.
- Other Benefits Include: Biweekly Transportation Allowance, Employee Health & Fitness Programs, Commute Alternative Program, Employee Assistance Program, Dependent Care Assistance Plan, First Time Home Buyer Program, Deferred Compensation, and Tuition Reimbursement Program. The County offers extensive training and development programs designed to improve skills and enhance career opportunities. Most programs are offered on County time at no cost to you.
- County employees are also covered by the federal Social Security system and earn benefits for retirement based on salary and time worked.
Benefits are offered to eligible employees of the County of San Mateo. All benefits are subject to change.
NOTE: Employees hired on or after January 1, 2013 may be subject to new Pension Reform retirement laws.
For more information about Employee Benefits, please visit County of San Mateo Employee Benefits.