The County of San Mateo is pleased to present this 2022-2025 Equal Employment Opportunity Plan. The Plan reiterates the County’s commitment to equal employment opportunity in its employment practices, program operations, and service delivery systems. This EEO Plan is a combined four-year plan and is intended as an informational resource to provide an overview of the County’s key policies, efforts, and plans relating to equal employment opportunity. The Plan also highlights many of its ongoing and new diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
The purpose of the Equal Employment Opportunity Plan is to:
Reaffirm the County's commitment to equal employment opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion in its employment practices, program operations, and service delivery systems.
Outline goals and objectives to:
- Attract and retain a diverse workforce that is reflective of the community
- Promote a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment, including unfair treatment based on sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, veteran status, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, use of family medical leave, genetic testing, or any other basis protected by federal or state law
- Provide opportunities for career development and advancement for all employees, and identify barriers and challenges to diversity and inclusion and remove them or develop solutions
- Increase the pool of qualified, diverse applicants, particularly for job categories or areas that are underrepresented
- Increase inclusion among employees of differing identities and backgrounds to promote a welcoming and productive workforce that responds to the needs of an increasingly diverse community
Recognize that the success of the County’s equal employment opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion programs depends on County leadership support, along with a commitment from department heads, managers, supervisors, and employees to advance these goals.