March 30, 2016
The three segments (San Andreas, Sawyer Camp and Crystal Springs) of the Crystal Springs Regional Trail are highly popular with various types of users – hikers, joggers, bicyclists, equestrians, and families pushing strollers. We want trail use to be safe for everyone. Be respectful of all on the trail and know the rules of the road:
- Bicyclists should not exceed 15 mph on the trail. Recently, we have had reports of bicyclists riding over the speed limit and of several near miss collisions with hikers.
- Always yield to equestrians by stepping to the edge of the path.
- Bicyclists always yield to other trail users.
- Bicyclists under 18 must wear a helmet.
- Be aware of bicyclists who should announce their presence when approaching from behind other trail users.