The Mobilehome Park Change of Use Ordinance regulates the process by which a park may close or change its use. The ordinance requires that a park owner obtain a Change of Use Permit from the Planning Commission prior to converting or closing a mobilehome park. The permit requirement facilitates the County’s review of the relocation impact report already required by State law, and formalize the process for provision of relocation assistance to residents that would be displaced as a result of the proposed change of use.

Below, please find additional resources related to local regulation of mobilehome parks in San Mateo County, including the County’s latest amendments to the ordinance regulating the change of use or process for a park to convert or close.