The Employee Down Payment Assistance Program is an employee benefit open to all full-time, County of San Mateo and Housing Authority employees. The program is designed to encourage employees to live within the County, decreasing the environmental impact and the physical/emotional effects of a long commute.
The program offers a $100,000 loan (second mortgage) towards the purchase of a home in San Mateo County. The loan is deferred for the first, five years amortized for 30 years at three percent interest (3%). The County also offers a $5,000 grant to help cover closing costs, for awardees, moving to San Mateo County from outside the County.
(For County residents or those interested in First Time Homebuyers Programs, please check out our website: https://housing.smcgov.org/first-time-homebuyer-programs)
- County of San Mateo or Housing Authority employee; and
- Currently, full-time, permanent employee for at least 18 months; and
- No income restrictions and cannot currently own a home in San Mateo County; and
- Pre-Approval letter from San Mateo Credit Union (required).
The next drawing is Tuesday, October 25, 2022 and up to *five names will be drawn.
- The County will host several Employee Down Payment Assistance Program “Lunch and Learn” seminars. Virtual seminars will be hosted on the following dates:Wednesday, September 14th from noon-1 p.m.
- Thursday, September 29th from noon-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 12th from noon-1 p.m.
For the attendee link, please check the County’s “Upcoming Event” Intranet site: https://smcgov.sharepoint.com/Pages/intra_home.aspx or to receive the attendee link via email, please contact Nila Kim at email@example.com
For additional information about the program, please see the PDF’s below:
If you have additional questions, please contact Nila Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (650) 802-5002.
*Dependent on funding availability.