How to apply?
Submit an application to Building that identifies the property, lists the name of any architect or engineer who will work on the project, and describes the proposed work in detail. Along with that application, submit three sets of the following:
- A plot plan showing the location of the structure and panels
- Details of how panels are connected to the structure
- Wind shear calculations if the panels are elevated on frames
- Name and approval (such as I.A.M.P.O. or U.L.) of panels, holding tanks, heat transfer units, pumps, etc.
- Plumbing schematic showing all valves and pumps and the piping material (e.g., plastic, copper).
A separate handout entitled Plan Requirements describes requirements in greater detail and gives you examples of how the various plans should be drawn.
What fees must I pay?
You must pay building, plumbing, plan check, microfilm, and filing fees. Depending upon the circumstances of your project, you may also have to pay Planning fees.