Report a Code Violation

If you suspect a violation of the Zoning Regulations, please identify the section of code that has been violated and complete the Code Violation Complaint Form. A completed complaint form can be emailed or mailed to the attention of the Code Compliance Section, 455 County Center, 2nd floor, Redwood City. A submitted complaint will result in opening a “VIO” or “SWN” case (please allow two weeks for staff to open a case). Once a case number has been assigned, use this case number to track the status of the violation online.

To reach a Code Compliance Officer, please call (650) 363-4825 and leave a message or visit the office at the address above.

Track a Code Violation

To track the status of a complaint you have submitted, visit our permit center.