The San Mateo County Business License Board is established by the County Ordinance Code to review and take action on applications and appeals for certain business licenses and permits in unincorporated areas of the of the County. The Board is also authorized to hear appeals related to certain licenses issued by the Cities of Redwood City and Millbrae pursuant to city ordinances.

License Board hearings are generally held on the third Wednesday of the month at 9:00 AM in Room 201 in the County Office Building located at 455 County Center, Redwood City, CA 94063. Times and location sometimes change and is indicated on the agenda.

Note: This hearing body allows for both in-person and remote participation. Please follow the instructions and Zoom link at the top of the agenda to participate remotely.

Please contact the License Board Secretary by calling (650) 363-4161 or sending an email.

Archive of Past Hearings

View past agendas, staff report packets, and minutes for hearings older than the current year and starting from 2013.