Our Automated Inspection Scheduling System provides you with 24-hour access to schedule, cancel, or get the time window for a scheduled inspection.
You will need to have your permit number and the inspection code for the type of inspection you wish to schedule. The list of inspection codes available to schedule can be found on the building inspection record card that was provided to you when your permit was issued. If you do not have your inspection record card, contact (650) 599-7311 to have a duplicate job card mailed to you.
The system will guide you through each step of the process. However, below are instructions that will help to familiarize you with the process before you call. Once you become familiar with the system, you will find that you do not have to wait for the entire message (or directions) before entering a command.
During normal business hours, you can still call (650) 599-7311 for assistance, but all inspection scheduling should be made by calling (650) 295-3650.
Follow These Steps:
- Call (650) 295-3650
- Select Language Options:
1. For English
2. For Spanish
- Select permit type
1. BLD - Building
0. Transfer to operator for other permit types.
- Enter the numeric portion of the permit number followed by the # key. For example, for permit BLD2019-01234 you will enter 201901234 and then press the # key.
- Main menu options:
1. To schedule an inspection.
2. To cancel an inspection.
3. To determine if your permit is ready to be issued.
4. To get the result of an inspection.
5. To get the time window for an inspection scheduled today.
7. To select a new permit.
8. To repeat menu.
9. To end this call.
0. To transfer to an operator.
Detailed Information on Options
1. Request an Inspection - inspections can be scheduled up to fourteen days in advance (Monday-Friday) excluding holiday and office closures. The deadline to schedule an inspection for the next business day (if still available in your area) is by 4:00 p.m. the business day prior.
Please enter the three-digit inspection code followed by the # key. For example, 901# for Building Final Inspection.
The system will give you the first three available dates. Press 1, 2, or 3 to select a date, or the fourth option is to press the # key to schedule a specific date. Please enter the 8-digit date on which you wish to have an inspection, then press the # key. For example, 06062019# is June 6, 2019.
Once you have chosen a date, the system will prompt you to press the # key again to confirm your selection, after which you will get a message saying that your inspection has been scheduled, and to call the Automated Line again on the day of your inspection to get your 3-hour inspection time window.
If you would like to schedule more than one inspection for the same permit, complete the process of choosing the date for the first inspection, and then press the * key to schedule another inspection.
If you would like to schedule an inspection for another permit, once you have chosen and confirmed the date for the inspection of the current permit you are working with, press # to go back to the main menu, then press 7 to select a new permit number to work with.
2. Cancel an Inspection - enter the date for which the inspection was requested, followed by the # key. For example, 06062019# is June 6, 2019.
Your inspection request for June 6, 2019 has been canceled. Please be advised that this will cancel all inspections for that project on that date. The deadline to cancel inspections on the Automated Line is 4:00 p.m. the business day prior to your scheduled inspection date.
3. Determine the Status of Your Permit
If you are told there are no holds on your permit, your permit is ready to be issued and may be picked up at the Building Department counter. All fees must be paid before a permit may be issued.
If you are told there are holds on this permit, these holds must be resolved before this permit can be issued. Please call the specific sections who are holding your permit.
4. Get the Result of an Inspection
- To get the inspection results of the last 10 inspection activities.
- To list the last 10 inspection results for a particular inspection type.
- To get the inspection result for a particular date.
- To get the inspection result for a particular type and date.
5. To Get the Time Window for a Scheduled Inspection
This option will only give the 3-hour time window for an inspection scheduled for the present (i.e. today’s) date. Call the Automated Line after 7:30 a.m. on the day of your inspection to get your time.
7. To Select a New Permit
Use this option to enter a new permit number to work with. You can schedule, cancel, and find the inspection times for multiple permits on the same call.