SMC Prius_1.jpg
How can I file a complaint for a code violation?

If you suspect a violation of the Zoning Regulations, please identify the section of code that has been violated and complete the Code Violation Complaint Form (attached below).  A completed complaint form can be emailed to or mailed to the attention of the Code Compliance Section, 455 County Center, 2nd floor, Redwood City. A submitted complaint will result in the opening of a “VIO” or “SWN” case; please allow 2 weeks for staff to open a case. Once a case number has been assigned, please use this case number to track the status of the complaint online. To check the status of the complaint, please enter the property’s APN or address into the Online Permit Center.

To reach a Code Compliance Officer, please call 650-363-4825 and leave a message or visit the office at the address above. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30am - 5pm.

Permit Center

How do I find out if a project has a permit? What is the status of my complaint? Visit the online permit center.

Visit Permit Center