How to apply?
Submit an application to Building that identifies the property, lists the name of any architect or engineer who will work on the project, and describes the proposed work in detail. Along with that application, submit three sets of the following:
- A plot plan showing any driveway, walkway, parking area, wells, retaining walls, utilities, easements, trees, landscaping, and other structures
- The location of the business and description of the building
- Construction details, including foundation, structure, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and any special design features
- Complete floor plans
- Elevation plans of each side of the building
- Engineering data, including signed calculations and geotechnical report
- Driveway profile showing elevation from street to garage floor
- Energy calculation data
- Any other site improvements such as grading or accessory structures
- Locations of hydrants, standpipes, and sprinkler systems
- ADA access requirements
- Locations of public utilities (electricity, water, gas, sewer) including local cleanouts, meters and line routes.
A separate handout entitled Plan Requirements describes requirements in greater detail and gives you examples of how the various plans should be drawn.
What fees must I pay?
You must pay building, plan check, filing, microfilm, health, and planning fees.
For more information on our fees, please see our fees page.