- crayons (multiple colors if possible)
- multiple different shaped leaves
- Start by going outside your home and looking on the ground for fallen leaves. You might have to walk down the block to find a few different kinds. It is best to only use the leaves on the ground and not to pick them off the plants or trees because those ones are still alive!
- Place one leaf at a time on a flat surface and put your piece of paper on top of the leaf.
- Take your crayons and peel the wrapper off so you can use the long side of the crayon. Rub the crayon back and forth over the leaf. You should see the shape of the leaf appear before your eyes on the paper!
- Now choose a different shaped leaf and change colors.
- Continue until you have all the different leaves on the paper.
- Admire your beautiful leaf art! For extra fun you can try to identify which tree or plant the different leaves came from and you can label them on your paper!