This is the first Farmworker Advisory Commission of its kind in the state!
The new Farmworker Advisory Commission will advise government bodies in their decision-making process through direct citizen participation. Eligible persons must be a resident of San Mateo County and be a member of one of the following groups:
- Four (4) Farmworkers
- Three (3) Members from community-based organizations
- One (1) Family member of a farmworker
- One (1) Member who works in the agriculture industry (but not a farmworker)
- One (1) San Mateo County Agricultural Advisory Committee member
The Commission will meet at least 6 times a year. The members who are farm workers or a farm worker family member will be paid $100 for each Commission meeting they attend. Translation will be provided.
- July 29: Applications available
- August 26: Applications due
- September 12-16: Interviews (Zoom)
- November 16: First Commission meeting
Community members are encouraged to apply for an open seat!
Questions? Please visit https://www.smcgov.org/bnc or call 650-208-5798
To submit an application, email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail a hard-copy to:
ATTN: Sherry Golestan, Deputy Clerk
County Executive's Office
400 County Center, 1st Floor
Redwood City, CA 94063