Beginning July 1, 2023, Stormwater Treatment Requirements Will Apply To Most Projects That Create and/or Replace 5,000 Square Feet or More of Impervious Surface
May 17, 2023
The following changes to stormwater treatment requirements take effect on July 1, 2023. For more information, see fact sheet.
- Stormwater treatment requirements will apply to most projects that create and/or replace 5,000 square feet or more of impervious surface.
- Large single-family homes creating and/or replacing 10,000 square feet or more of impervious surface will now have treatment requirements. For more information, see fact sheet.
- Public right-of-way areas in front of development projects that are part of the project must now be included in impervious surface calculations and runoff must be treated from those areas.
- Road maintenance, reconstruction, and new road construction projects may be required to provide stormwater treatment depending on various project factors.
- Criteria for Category C of the Special Projects provision is changing to support Affordable Housing projects.
- Interceptor Tree Credits are no longer allowed - see the C.3 Regulated Projects Guide for guidance.