SMC Prius_1.jpg
How Can I File a Complaint for a Code Violation?

If you suspect a violation of the Zoning Regulations, please identify the section of code that has been violated and complete the Code Violation Complaint Form. A completed complaint form can be emailed to or mailed to the attention of the Code Compliance Section, 455 County Center, 2nd floor, Redwood City. A submitted complaint will result in opening a “VIO” or “SWN” case; please allow two weeks for staff to open a case. Once a case number has been assigned, please use this case number to track the status of the complaint online.

To reach a Code Compliance Officer, please call (650) 363-4825 and leave a message or visit the office at the address above. Our office hours are 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday - Thursday (closed 12:00 - 1:00 pm for lunch) and closed Friday - Sunday.

Track Status of a Complaint

To track the status of a complaint you have submitted, visit the permit center.

Permit Center