California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids, also known as CalWORKs, provides temporary cash assistance to low-income families with children along with services to help parents find and keep a job. CalWORKs can also help children who are not receiving financial support and care from their parents. HSA staff can also assist with health insurance and food assistance.
Watch Out for EBT Scams !
Tenga Cuidado Con Las Estafas De Las Tarjetas De EBT !!
California has been experiencing an increase in occurrence of Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) theft. In an effort to educate EBT cardholders and mitigate this activity, the California Department of Social Services is providing security tips for those who use EBT cards to receive food and cash assistance in the following linked video. If you think your benefits may have been stolen, you should immediately call the customer service telephone number on the back of your EBT card, (877) 328-9677, or contact your Human Services Agency at 1-800-223-8383.
Who is Eligible?
- A family with a child or children under the age of 18
- A pregnant person, at any stage during their pregnancy
- An individual/family who is a resident of California
- An individual/family who meets the income and property limits
- An individual/family who is a citizen or meets the immigration requirements
How Do I Apply?
- In Person:
In response to COVID-19, most county human services offices have limited hours or may be closed to the public, limiting the ability to apply in person. If you want to apply in person, check first if your local county office is open, their business hours and requirements for walk-in clients. You may also use any of the options below to submit your application.
- By Phone: Call San Mateo’s Service Center’s 1-800-223-8383
- Online: www.mybenefitscalwin.org
What do I need to apply?
- Identification-Driver’s license, California ID card, passport, birth certificates for children in your family
- Proof of residency-Rent, mortgage receipt or utility bill
- Proof of income-Paystubs, Social Security award letter, Child Support/alimony, unemployment/disability stubs or veterans benefits
- Proof of Resources- Documents verifying the value of checking and savings accounts, savings bonds, stocks, or retirement accounts
If you do not have all the documents listed, you can still apply. The County will provide you with a list of what is needed, give you some time to provide, and can help you obtain missing verification.
- CW2.1 Notice and Agreement for Child, Spousal and Medical support English Spanish
- CW2.1Q Support Questionnaire English Spanish
- CW80 Self-Certification form for Motor Vehicles CalWORKS English Spanish
- CW2186A CalWORKS Exemption Request Form English Spanish
Submit your verifications for CalFresh, Medi-Cal, CalWORKS, General Assistance, and/or CAPI by clicking the link below.
- Call 211 to connect with community services for food, shelter, job services, childcare, senior services, counseling and much, much more. To use the services just dial “211.”
- For employment services and training questions, please email email@example.com
- For emergency food and to apply for CalFRESH (food stamps): San Mateo County Food Connection 1-800-934-3663