Are you concerned that a child you know may be the victim of abuse, neglect, or exploitation?
Do you know of a child who may be at risk of abuse?
If you know or suspect that a child is being abused, has been abused in the past, or is at risk of abuse, please call our 24-hour hotline at:
Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline 650-802-7922 or (800)-632-4615
If a child is in immediate danger, please call 911.
Click here to see helpful tips to protect children especially during the Covid-19 Crisis.
Child Protective Services is a confidential 24-hour service that can respond to your concerns, investigate worrisome situations, and take action to assure the safety of San Mateo County children, from newborns through age 18.
Child Protective Services is dedicated to:
- Protecting the safety and welfare of all children
- Responding quickly to emergency situations
- Keeping families together whenever possible
- Helping families resolve problems that may be placing children at risk
- Providing safe haven and treatment for children who have been abused
For more information about San Mateo County’s Child Protective Services program, please e-mail CFS at HSA_ScreeningUnit@smcgov.org.
Please be as detailed as possible in your e-mail, so social workers have enough information to work with, and be sure to include your contact information.