CalWORKS Employment Services program (also known as Welfare to Work/WTW) provides employment and training services to current and former CalWORKS recipients. Our staff provides coaching and support, assisting participants in setting short- and long-term employment goals. Our services include:
- Adult education and training
- Job search and job readiness assistance
- Community Service (volunteer opportunities)
- Employment placement opportunities
- Counseling for Domestic Violence, Mental Health and/or Alcohol and Drug Dependence
- Career testing and assessments
How do I apply or learn more?
- Speak to your San Mateo County Benefits Analyst or Eligibility Worker to get a referral.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a staff member will assist you.
- Call or visit one of our Human Services Agency offices, during regular business hours, at locations listed below.
Program participants may also qualify for supportive services such as:
- Child care
- Assistance paying for books/school supplies
- Employment-related expenses (tools, union fees, etc.)
- CalWORKs Housing Support Program (HSP)
Participation requirements for work, counseling & training:
- Single-parent with a child under the age of 6 years old = 20 hours per week
- Single-parent with a child over the age of 6 years old = 30 hours per week
- Two-parent family = 35 hours per week