LaShelle Burch MSW, LCSW
Suicide Prevention Community Engagement and Partnerships Coordinator (CEPC)
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System
Contact your nearest VA CEPC to assist with:
- Coalition building and assisting coalition leadership
- Logistical and technical support
- Conducting needs assessment and environment scans
- Program evaluation
- Data surveillance
- Action Planning
- Knowledge about the VA
- Suicide prevention training
- Outreach and education related to suicide prevention strategies
About the San Mateo CVSO
Established in 1946, the County of San Mateo Veterans Services Office (CVSO) helps veterans access State and Federal benefits that they and their family are entitled to. CVSO staff are accredited by the California Department of Veterans Affairs to represent veterans in the claims process. The CVSO also provides information and referrals to a wide range of services including housing, employment, and training. The CVSO does not charge any fees for any services and our services are available to all veterans and their family members.
Find out if you're a Veteran
Title 38 of the Code of Federal Regulations defines a veteran as such:
Veteran means a person who served in the active military, naval, air, or space service and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.
(1) For compensation and dependency and indemnity compensation the term veteran includes a person who died in active service and whose death was not due to willful misconduct.
(2) For death pension the term veteran includes a person who died in active service under conditions which preclude payment of service-connected death benefits, provided such person had completed at least 2 years honorable military, naval, air, or space service, as certified by the Secretary concerned. (See §§ 3.3(b)(3)(i) and 3.3(b)(4)(i))
(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 501)
(e) Veteran of any war means any veteran who served in the active military, naval, air, or space service during a period of war as set forth in § 3.2.
San Mateo County Veteran Services Office
San Carlos, CA 94002