The Human Services Agency is accepting payments for the following Programs:

Overpayments for CalWORKs, CalFresh, General Assistance, CAPI, and Foster Care that are owed to the Human Services Agency.

Note:  Please be sure to have billing statement with you before visiting or calling our office to help expedite your payment with the correct billing information.

Our address for mail-in / in-person payments is:

500 County Center, 2nd Floor,

Redwood City, CA 94063

Forms of payments: Cash, check, or money order, payable to “County of San Mateo”.

Payment office hours: 
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday, excluding holidays). 
Payments are not accepted after 4:00 PM.

We accept on-line payments (debit cards, credit cards and e-checks).  The case number/claim number should be provided to ensure the payment is applied correctly. For online payments it can take 5-7 business days for a payment to post to your account.

We do not take payments over the phone.

$20 denominations and under are accepted.

Questions on your claim?

Note: Please be sure to have billing statement with you before visiting or calling our office.

Billing statements make it easier and quicker to research your case information in our system.  You will need to provide your full name, date of birth, current address, and phone number to look you up in our system.

To schedule an appointment to discuss your claim, set up a payment plan, or ask questions other than to make a direct payment:

Please contact Overpayments and Collections at (650) 508-6779.

Required information: Please leave your name, case number, and phone number when leaving a message. Please speak clearly and concisely, someone will take your information and return your call promptly.