The Independent Living Program (ILP) offers support to youth in foster care and youth in extended foster care, ages 14 up to 21, as they encounter life's challenges and work towards becoming self-sufficient, successful adults. The program provides an array of services to youth in In-County and Out-of-County placements.

None available.
Independent Living Program (ILP) Eligibility & Admission Requirements

Current foster youth ages 14 up to 21 in out-of-home placement with Child Welfare or Probation are eligible. For youth placed out of county, services are coordinated with the county where a youth is residing. To refer a youth, a Social Worker or Probation Officer is required to submit a referral form and the Transitional Independent Living Plan (TILP). Referrals can be obtained from the ILP Coordinator.

Independent Living Skills (ILSP) Classes

ILP provides classes for life skills training such as employment, education, housing, and money management. Financial incentives are paid to youth who opt to participate in the ILSP classes.

ILSP One on One Life Skills Facilitators

Independent Living Skills Facilitators are available for 15 year olds up to 21 year olds. Facilitators meet with youth individually to work on achieving goals in various areas such as housing, daily living skills, money management, health resources, and interpersonal skills.

Education and Employment Services

Employment and Education Specialists work one-on-one with youth (17 up to 21 yrs). Employment services include assistance with applications, resumes, interviewing skills, job seeking tips, and job leads. Education assistance includes information on financial aid, colleges and supportive services, and vocational training options.

Contact Us:

For more information about ILP, please contact: ILP Supervisor, Jeremy Latta at (650) 599-5981,

For more information about the referral process, ILSP classes, or 1:1 coaching with trained facilitators, please contact: ILP Coordinator, Sandy Barba at (650) 599-5944,

For more information about Education and Employment Services please contact: Employment & Education Specialists, Guadalupe Palomino (650) 599-5958, or Steven Axberg (650) 599-5911,





Public Transportation
Driver's License/Passport/IDs
Sexual and Reproductive Health
Community Resources