The VA has made a list of Presumptive conditions in which the time of service of the veteran and location is taken into account and provided a generalized minimum rating based upon those conditions.
- Agent Orange (Now Includes "Blue Water Navy" Veterans)
- Gulf War
- Camp Lejeune (Contaminated Water)
- Exposed to burn pits? Here’s three things you should know about the Burn Pit Registry:
- Registry participants can get a free medical evaluation to discuss their concerns and completed questionnaire with a knowledgeable VA provider. Call a local Environmental Health Coordinator today to schedule your evaluation.
- Joining the registry is faster than ever. We’ve updated the eligibility verification process—greatly shortening or eliminating previous delays resulting from manual eligibility checks.
- The registry is not just for Post-9/11 Veterans.
- Many Veterans who deployed after 1990 qualify.
Presumptive Conditions Factsheet
Agent Orange Associated Diseases
Ionizing Radiation Exposure Information
Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Factsheet
Blue Water Agent Orange Exposure Claims
For questions regarding Presumptive Conditions, please call San Mateo County Veterans Services Office at (650) 802-6598.