What services/benefits can GA provide?
GA provides cash assistance to help pay for living expenses such as:
Who can benefit from GA?
Adults who are at least 18 years old, have lived in San Mateo County for at least 15 consecutive days, and meet income and resource limits.
What else should I know?
The County of San Mateo will be repaid if you receive any lump sum payment.
Applications are usually processed within 30 days.
What do I need to apply?
To make your application process easier, please have the following ready:
- Identification – Driver’s license, California ID card, passport, birth certificates
- Proof of residency – Rent or mortgage receipt or utility bill
- Proof of income – Pay stubs, Social Security award letter, child support and alimony, unemployment/disability stubs, or veterans benefits
- Resources – Checking and savings account statements, savings bonds, stock certificates, or retirement accounts
- Call 211 to connect with community services for food, shelter, job services, child care, senior services, counseling and much, much more. To use the services just dial “211.”
- For employment services and training, visit our PeninsulaWorks One-Stop Career Centers – www.peninsulaworks.org.
- For emergency food and to apply for CalFresh (food stamps): San Mateo County Food Connection 1-800-984-3663
The information on this page is for reference only. Speak to a staff person for the most up-to-date information.
2 Easy Ways to Apply:
In Person: Visit an HSA Office location
By mail: Call (800) 223-8383 to request an application and mail the completed application to one of our offices
Learn more or request an application
HSA Office Locations:
You can apply in-person at one of our office locations:
Daily City South
271 92nd Street
400 Harbor Blvd, Building B
2500 Middlefield Road
East Palo Alto
2415 University Avenue