Exhibition: Women’s View—2022 recognizes, celebrates, and honors the women of San Mateo County during March, National Women’s History Month. Women’s View—2022 is co-sponsored by San Mateo County’s Commission on the Status of Women.
Show Dates: March 1, 2022-April 29, 2022
Location: 400 County Center, Redwood City; Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Please send 1 photo of the artwork (jpeg, png, or any readable file). Send all submissions to Shawna Ahern, County Galleries Curator, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 18, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. (PST); Artists accepted into Women’s View—2022 will be notified by email by February 22nd.
Theme and Eligibility:
Women’s View—2022, the 17th annual San Mateo County Women’s Art Show, is open to women, non-binary, and gender nonconforming artists who live in San Mateo County OR are employed by the County of San Mateo. Artists are encouraged to submit artwork that exemplifies their personal view of the world. Painting, photography, and mixed media are welcome so long as conditions listed below are met.
Only ONE (1) wall-hung artwork per artist will be accepted if it meets the following criteria for eligibility:
- Work must not be older than 5 years and cannot have been previously exhibited in the Community or Caldwell Galleries
- Artist delivers the artwork, along with application and entry fee, to 400 County Center, Redwood City on Tuesday, March 1, 2022, between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. (No late work will be accepted.)
- Minimum size of finished work is 16’’ including frame on any one side, with a maximum of 36’’ with frame (Maximum depth is 3’’ and maximum weight is 30lbs per piece.)
- Artist signs a release of liability.
- Works are dry, framed (wrap canvases are fine with painted edges), and wired for hanging (NO saw tooth hangers).
- Work is labeled on the back with artist’s name, address, phone number, and price (use “NFS” for “not for sale”).
- No images of nudity, religion, politics or violence are allowed due to the nature of public business conducted at County Center.
- Artist pays $10.00 entry fee per one entry either by cash or check made payable to “San Mateo County Office of Arts and Culture”
- Artist provides an optional brief statement (maximum 30 words) about the entry on how the work speaks to the theme “Women’s View,” in addition to artist name, art title, medium and price (or NFS) for work entered, by email to Curator Shawna Ahern at email@example.com
Placement of Work:
Art will be installed at both The Caldwell (main floor) and Community Galleries (Lower Level) at the discretion of the Curator.
Up to three (3) $100 awards and three (3) Honorable Mention awards will be determined by jury. Winners will be notified and invited to accept their awards at a Board of Supervisor’s meeting in March.
Pickup of Artwork:
Artist (or designated person) must pick up artwork on Monday, May 2, 2022 from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at The Caldwell Gallery (main floor), 400 County Center, Redwood City. There are no facilities to store artwork.
For any questions or comments, feel free to reach out to Shawna Ahern, County Galleries Curator, firstname.lastname@example.org
To keep up to date on Gallery news, exhibitions, and opportunities follow The Office of Arts and Culture on Instagram @smc_artsandculture