PESCADERO, Calif. – Residents in specific areas that were evacuated due to the CZU Lightning Complex fires may immediately return to their homes.
Evacuation orders for the following areas are now reduced to evacuation warnings:
- Areas in San Mateo County (Zones: SMC- E042, SMC- E024A)
- Areas north of Canyon Road (Zone: SMC- E98A)
- Loma Mar and Dearborn Park areas (Zone: SMC- 018A)
An Evacuation Warning is issued when the threat is plausible for fire activity to increase and your residence may be in the affected area.
- Eastbound Canyon Road at Cloverdale Road
- Eastbound Gazos Creek Road at Highway 1
Be aware there may be traffic flow interruptions due to fire crews and utility workers still operating in the area.
State and county parks in the area remain closed.
Public safety officials are working on re-opening plans for areas that remain under evacuation orders.
For additional information:
San Mateo County Fire Recovery: https://www.smcgov.org/smc-wildfire-recovery
View the most current evacuation map at: www.smco.community.zonehaven.com
For electrical safety tips after a wildfire, refer to PG&E at https://tinyurl.com/y7dny9tt
To learn more about wildfire preparedness visit: www.readyforwildfire.org
Local Assistance Center Open in Pescadero
The County of San Mateo along with numerous partners have opened a Local Assistance Center at Pescadero Elementary School, 620 North St., Pescadero. Map link.
The center includes representatives from:
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- California Department of Insurance
- California Department of Motor Vehicles
- California Department of Public Health Vital Records
- California Department of Social Services
- San Mateo County Human Services Agency
- San Mateo County Department of Agriculture/Weights and Measures
- San Mateo County Veterans Services Office
- San Mateo County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services
- Puente de la Costa Sur
- San Mateo County Large Animal Evacuation Group
The center will be open until further notice from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day of the week, including Labor Day.
No appointments are necessary. Note: All visitors must wear a face covering to comply with local health orders.
The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection reported “minimal fire activity overnight” as containment grew to 48 percent as of 7 a.m. The blaze that began August 16 has consumed 85,746 acres.
Additional Information and Resources:
For additional information when returning home, refer to www.fire.ca.gov
Click on the link, “Post wildfire” for safety precautions.
Sign up for CalFire email updates at https://tinyurl.com/czulightning
Stay up-to date on air conditions at https://www.airnow.gov/
CALFire CZU San Mateo–Santa Cruz Unit Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/CALFIRECZU
Sign up for SMC Alerts at www.smcalert.info
Connect with the County of San Mateo on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CountyofSanMateo
Follow the County of San Mateo on Twitter at https://twitter.com/sanmateoco