Working Together to End Homelessness in San Mateo County continues. We encourage you to stay involved.
Here are some ideas:
- Volunteer at one of the Core Service Agency Food Programs. Go to https://www.smcgov.org/ceo/volunteer-opportunities to find volunteer opportunities available throughout the year.
- Speak at your local City Council meetings about homelessness in your community and the ideas presented at the three virtual learning events. It is critical to support the development of housing opportunities for extremely low-income households. To gather information, go to www.smcendinghomelessness.org
- Volunteer at a local organization in your neighborhood that serves the homeless community https://www.smcgov.org/ceo/volunteer-opportunities.
- Encourage city leaders to consider local solutions in your community.
- Reach out to your local School Board members and learn about the services available to homeless children and families in your school district, and how you can volunteer to support these services.
- You can also contribute in other ways, by donating to service organizations so they can continue the work of ending homelessness. You can find a full list of service providers at www.smcendinghomelessness.org
We look forward to seeing you for the fall in-person convening. Details will be posted at www.smcendinghomelessness.org.
Together, WE will make a difference!