Monday, October 03, 2022
Exhibition: The Disabilities Art Showcase-2022 recognizes, celebrates, and honors the disabilities community of San Mateo County during October, National Disabilities Awareness Month. This showcase is co-sponsored by the San Mateo County Commission on Disabilities.
Show Dates: October 3, 2022-October 31, 2022
Location: Caldwell Gallery, Main Floor, 400 County Center, Redwood City; Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Please submit 1 photo of the artwork (.jpeg, .png, or other readable file) along with your application. Send all submissions to Andrew Eng, Staff Liaison to the Commission on Disabilities, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 16, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. (PST); Artists accepted into Disabilities Art Showcase—2022 will be notified by email by Wednesday, September 23rd.
Theme and Eligibility:
Disabilities Art Showcase—2022, the 14th annual San Mateo County Disabilities Art Showcase, is open to individuals with disabilities starting from Freshmen year of High School through adulthood. Participants must live in San Mateo County or be employed by the County of San Mateo. Artists are encouraged to submit artwork that exemplifies their personal view of the world. Painting, photography, digital painting, and mixed media are welcome so long as conditions listed below are met.
Only ONE (1) wall-hung artwork per artist will be accepted if it meets the following criteria for eligibility:
- Artist delivers the artwork, along with the entry form, to the Caldwell Gallery, Main Floor, 400 County Center, Redwood City on Monday, October 3, 2022, between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. (No late work will be accepted)
- Minimum size of finished work is 16’’ including frame on any one side, with a maximum of 36’’ with frame (Maximum depth is 3’’ and maximum weight is 30lbs per piece)
- Artist signs a release of liability
- Works are dry, framed (wrap canvases are fine with painted edges), and wired for hanging (NO saw tooth hangers)
- Work is labeled on the back with artist’s name, address, phone number, and price (use “NFS” for “not for sale”)
- No images of nudity, religion, politics or violence are allowed due to the nature of public business conducted at County Center
- Artist provides an optional brief statement (maximum 30 words) about the entry in addition to artist name, art title, medium and price (or NFS) for work entered, by email to Andrew Eng at email@example.com.
Placement of Work:
Art will be installed at the Caldwell Gallery, (main floor) at the discretion of the Curator.
Pickup of Artwork:
Artist (or designated person) must pick up artwork on Monday, October 31, 2022 from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at The Caldwell Gallery (main floor), 400 County Center, Redwood City. There are no facilities to store artwork.
To keep up to date on Gallery news, exhibitions, and opportunities follow The Office of Arts and Culture on Instagram @smc_artsandculture