Recovery and Continuity Planning
Short-Term Recovery Checklist
- Assess ongoing medical needs, safety, and well-being of staff.
- Provide emergency communication and chain of command.
- Focus on restoring vital utilities and life support systems (e.g., power, water, sanitation, communications).
- Assess and document damage.
- Provide for debris removal.
- Assess evacuation impacts, if applicable.
- Assess transportation infrastructure.
- Restart critical business processes.
Long-Term Recovery Checklist
- Determine staff needs and return-to-work plans.
- Review disaster loans.
- Determine new or alternative site plans.
- Plan to increase business processes from critical to regular productivity.