Project No. RW305; Project File No. S5078
West Menlo Park, Ladera, Stanford Weekend Acres
About the Project
The 2023 Pavement Preservation Project includes pavement repair, micro surfacing, slurry seal, restriping of pavement markings, and bicycle striping improvements of various streets in the unincorporated areas of San Mateo County.
Note: Other projects within West Menlo Park
Public Works Contact
VSS International Inc.
- October 2022 - Start of project development and design
- December 2022 - Areas for proposed road improvements determined
- January 2023 - 60% Plans and Specifications Completed. Areas for proposed road improvements revised. Please see updated Vicinity and Location Maps Below
- February 2023 - 90% Plans and Specifications Completed. Areas for proposed road improvements revised. Please see updated Vicinity and Location Maps Below as of February 2023
- March 2023 - 100% Plans and Specifications in development
- April 2023 - 100% Plans and Specifications completed. Project out for bid on April 13, 2023. Bid opening date set for May 4, 2023
- May 2023 - Bids were received and opened on May 4, 2023. Lowest apparent bidder is VSS International, Inc.
- June 2023 - Project was awarded to VSS International, Inc. by County of San Mateo Board of Supervisors on May 23, 2023. Notice to Proceed issued on June 28, 2023.
- June 2023 - Construction to start on July 5, 2023.
- July 2023 - Construction started on July 5, 2023. Pavement Repairs completed as of July 20, 2023. Traffic stripes/legends/markers removal and road surface treatment application scheduled for August 2023.
- August 2023 - Slurry seal / micro-surfacing scheduled to start on August 15, 2023. Please see schedule below.