Construction from May 2022 to November 2022
The trail project is located on the inland (easterly) side of Highway 1 (the Cabrillo Highway), between Coronado Street and the City of Half Moon Bay boundary approximately 100 feet south of Mirada Road. View a Google map »
About the Project
The trail will enable people to safely commute by bicycle or foot from El Granada to the south end of Miramar and will eventually serve as a connection to the Naomi Patridge trail within Half Moon Bay. The trail will also include a connection to El Granada Elementary School in order to provide a safe route to school for students who live in the Miramar area.
- May 2022 - First working day: 5/23/2022. Contractor mobilized and set up traffic control. Required trees were removed and/or trimmed. Environmentally Sensitive Area fences were installed.
- June 2022 - Dusky Footed Woodrats were found within project limits. Eight total nests were successfully relocated outside of work limit per the CDFW approved relocation plan.
- July 2022 – Contractor coordinated with utility companies for potholing and resolving utility conflicts.
- October 2022 -
- Current construction activities include; bridge foundation (near Miramar Drive), the vehicular barrier foundation running parallel to Hwy-1 (across from Magellan Ave), and misc. concrete scope (ADA ramps, medians, curb, gutter, etc.) along the Trail alignment, trail grading (performed until asphalt roadway is installed).
- Lead time for the bridge is the critical path item on account of supply chain issues with a tentative delivery date of February 2023.
- November 2022
- Contractor completed substantial concrete work: ADA ramps, median with traffic/electrical work, street/trail crossings, guardrail foundations, pedestrian bridge abutments.
- Contractor paved portions of the pedestrian trail and finished all storm drain facilities.
Minerva Construction, Inc.
Public Works Contact