***Please note that the information listed below is for any juvenile case with a disposition on or after September 1, 2023. For cases that are under active supervision with Probation, and with a disposition prior to that date, payments will be processed by the Probation Department; call the probation officer assigned to the case or 650.312.8816 for help. Payments for non-active probation cases will be handled by the Court’s Revenue Services Collections Unit; call 650.261.5039 for assistance.

The San Mateo County (SMC) Probation Department’s Juvenile Services Division is responsible for the collection of victim restitution when a juvenile client is under active supervision by the division. Upon termination of supervision, the San Mateo Superior Court will assume collection of any outstanding victim restitution. Juvenile Traffic case fines/fees will also continue to be collected by the Probation Department’s Juvenile Traffic Unit.

Any other juvenile case fines and fees will be collected by the Superior Court. 

Victim Restitution (during active probation supervision)

Payment Options

  • Cash: You can make cash payments in person at any SMC Probation office. We only accept exact cash for payments, and do not accept cash payments through the mail. 
  • Check/Money Order:  You can make payments by check or money order at any SMC Probation Office.  Payments by check or money order can also be mailed to the following address: 

         Probation Fiscal Services Unit 
         222 Paul Scannell Drive
         San Mateo, CA 94402.  
Checks should be made payable to “San Mateo County Probation.”  The court case number should be clearly written on your check or money order.

For questions regarding victim restitution and/or amount(s) owing please contact the assigned deputy probation officer or e-mail  

Please note: If you are no longer on active supervised probation, all victim restitution payments must be made through the San Mateo Superior Court.  

All Other Juvenile Fines/Fees (during active probation supervision)

Payment Options

  • Juvenile Clerk’s Office, 222 Paul Scannell Drive, San Mateo, CA 94402, Monday through Friday.  The Juvenile Clerk’s Office accepts payment by cash, check, money order, or major credit card. Please have exact change for cash payment. 

Victim Restitution, All Other Juvenile Fines/Fees (after termination of active probation supervision)

Please contact the Court’s Revenue Collections Unit at 650-261-5047 or for general information, including setting up a payment plan and confirming the amount that was previously payable to the County of San Mateo Probation Department.

Payment Options

  • To pay by check or money order, make check/money order payable to San Mateo Superior Court, include your phone number and case number for proper crediting, and mail to:

         San Mateo Superior Court
         Revenue Collections Unit / 4th Floor
         400 County Center
         Redwood City, CA 94063

Juvenile Traffic
Please contact the Juvenile Traffic Unit at 650.312.8887 for more information.