Welcome to LAFCo
San Mateo Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCo) is an independent commission with jurisdiction over the boundaries of the 20 cities, 22 independent special districts, and many of the 33 active county-governed special districts serving San Mateo County.
The Commission meets on the third Wednesday of the odd-numbered months (January, March, etc.) at 2:30 pm in the Board of Supervisors' Chambers, Hall of Justice and Records, 400 County Center, Redwood City. Since March 2020, due to COVID-19, the Commission has been meeting via Zoom. Additional meetings may be scheduled as needed.
- Community Workshop for the City of South San Francisco & Westborough Water District
- MSR: City of South San Francisco
- MSR: Westborough Water District
- Proposed Annexation by the San Mateo Resource Conservation District
- MSR: East Palo Alto Sanitary District, City of East Palo Alto, West Bay Sanitary District