SMC Wildfire Recovery
This page includes resources to help you get the help you need if you are a victim of the CZU Lightning Complex fire that began Aug. 16, 2020.
Is your home under a mandatory evacuation?
Call 650-847-8090 for an extension or a referral for a hotel room. If you have questions, you can also send an email to our Human Services Agency at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you sustained losses, you can apply for federal assistance online: Apply with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), at https://www.disasterassistance.gov/ or call 800-621-3362 or 800-462-7585 (TTY).
I need help with...
Finding Emergency Food or Shelter
Applying for Disaster Aid/Relief, Questions About Insurance
Replacing Property Records, My Driver’s License and Other Vital Records
Learning About Unemployment Benefits
Paying My Rent or Finding New Housing
Finding Out About Veterans Services
Aid for Farmers and Ranchers
Health and Wellness, Where to Find Health Insurance
Note: On Aug. 22, 2020, the White House approved California’s request for a Presidential Major Disaster Declaration to bolster the state’s emergency response to wildfires burning in Northern California and support impacted residents in Lake, Napa, San Mateo, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma and Yolo counties.
A Presidential Major Disaster Declaration helps people in the impacted counties through eligibility for support including crisis counseling, housing and unemployment assistance and legal services. It also provides federal assistance to help state, tribal and local governments fund emergency response, recovery and protective measures.
- Residents can determine if they can return home by checking the zones listed below or search the address database: Please check your status before reentering the area or checking out of hotels.
- Residents do not need to show identification or check in before re-entering.
- Residents needing to retrieve evacuated animals:
- For large animal pick up or return, contact: Robin Camozzi, 650-450-0516 or Laura Camozzi 650-450-0520
- For dogs, cats & exotics, contact PHS/SPCA at 650-340-7022
If you need, water, food, toiletries to go back home you can stop by the evacuation center in HMB at 1 Lewis Foster Drive or go to Puente in Pescadero at 620 North Street, Pescadero, CA 94060.
Health and Safety