Quick Storm Preparedness Tips
- Check roof drains and down spouts to make sure they are clear of debris.
- Keep children away from creeks and large drains which can be deadly during storms.
- Keep leaves and yard trimmings out of storm drains and gutters.
- Don't forget your pets, and don’t forget to pick up pet waste to prevent water pollution.
- Turn off automatic sprinklers.
- Don't store hazardous materials in areas that may be subject to flooding.
- Store emergency supplies (first aid kit, essential medicines, cash, food, non-electric can opener, portable battery-operated radio, flashlights and spare batteries) in air-tight bags and in handy locations.
- Keep your car fueled. If electric power is cut off, filling stations may not be able to operate.
For more tips, sandbag locations and emergency phone numbers, visit Storm Preparedness.