About Our District
District 5 includes the communities of Brisbane, Colma, Daly City, San Bruno (north of Sneath lane and west of Interstate 280 ), South San Francisco (west of Interstate 280 until Avalon Drive then west of Junipero Serra Boulevard, and north of Hickey, Hillside and Sister Cities Boulevard to Highway 101) with Unincorporated Broadmoor Village, San Bruno Mountain Park and Brisbane Quarry.
About Board Supervisor David J. Canepa
David J. Canepa is a fourth generation San Mateo County resident who grew up in Pacifica before settling into Daly City, where he currently resides with his wife Ana and young son David Piero. He is a former Daly City mayor and currently serves on the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors representing north county.
He was elected to the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors in November 2016 and was unanimously appointed by his fellow supervisors to the Metropolitan Transportation Commission on Jan. 12, 2021. He also sits on the:
- California Identification System (Cal ID)
- California State Association of Counties (CSAC) Board of Directors
- Community Corrections Partnership (CCP)
- San Mateo Health Commission (HPSM)
- Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention Commission (JJDPC)
- Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC)
- Peninsula Traffic Congestion Relief Alliance
- San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans) Board of Directors
- San Mateo Medical Center (SMMC) Board of Directors
- Urban Counties of California (UCC) Board of Directors
- Vehicle Theft Task Force
BOS Ad Hoc Committees
- COVID 19/Public Health Emergency Response
- Fire Resiliency
- Measure K
- Commission on Aging (CoA)
- Airport Land Use Commission (ALUC)
- Bay Conversation and Development Commission (BCDC)
Canepa supports a vision and plan for the next generation with bold leadership to improve mobility and end the chronic housing shortage in the Bay Area and is the chair of the agency’s Legislation Committee.
Housing, transportation and health care will continue to top Canepa’s priority list as he works collaboratively to implement transformative policies that will lead to a better quality of life for all Bay Area residents.
District 5 Staff
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns at 650-363-4572 or email@example.com
Chief of Staff
To request Supervisor Canepa to attend your community event, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Subject line: Event Request
- Event name and sponsoring organization
- Name of event coordinator, title and contact information including email, office phone and mobile
- Event Date, time, location and description of event
- If certificates of recognition are also being requested, please provide the names of the individuals or organizations to be honored in alphabetical order
- If you are requesting Supervisor Canepa to make a presentation, please provide the approximate time of such presentations and length required
Find Your District
Enter a street address and discover your District.
Hall of Justice- 400 County Center
Redwood City, CA 94063
Phone: (650) 363-4572