Project No. 13315; Project File No. E5096
East side of Canada Rd near Filoli north entrance
About the Project
The repair project will repair a failed culvert, replace the existing upstream headwall, fill in a sinkhole with new compacted fill, and add vegetative slope protection on the upstream end to help reduce flow velocities.
Public Works Contact
Senior Civil Engineer
- January 2023 – Roadway shoulder was affected due to heavy storms. Preliminary site investigations performed.
- February 2023 - Desktop analysis, development of supporting documents for FEMA, and procurement of geotechnical and drilling firms.
- March 2023 - Coordination with Cal OES/FEMA and monitoring of site.
- May 2023 - Field Meeting with FEMA for site assessment and repair scope development.
- October 2023 - Acquiring permit from SFPUC and reviewing contractor proposal. The anticipated start of construction is mid-November.
- November 2023 - Contractor to begin work to repair the culvert in November.