Project No. 08SR1; Project File No. E5093000
Near 4901 Stage Road, Pescadero, CA
About the Project
The slip-out repair project will repair the failing embankments and damaged pavements. The work to be done consists, in general, of installing a retaining wall, drainage improvements, and installing a rock slope protection revetment with plantings, and erosion control/slope protection.
Public Works Contact
Senior Civil Engineer
SBAY Construction, Inc.
- January 2023 – Roadway failed due to heavy storms. Preliminary site investigations performed.
- February 2023 - Desktop analysis, development of supporting documents for FEMA, and procurement of geotechnical and drilling firms.
- March 2023 - Coordination with Cal OES/FEMA and monitoring of site. Drilling schedule for March 29th and 30th.
- May 2023 - Field Meeting with FEMA for site assessment and repair scope development.
- June 2023 - Received and reviewing Geotechnical Investigation Report.
July 2023 - Finalizing construction documents for public bid.
September 2023 – Entered into contract via our JOC ordering system with SBAY Construction, Inc for the Repair and Reconstruction Work. Work to commence on 9/25/23 and scheduled to 11/17/23 on Monday – Saturday 7:30 AM – 5 PM. Road closed to through traffic. Bicyclist to use alternative route.