How do I report a change of address, new telephone number, or a new place of employment?

You can provide a new address, telephone number, or employment information by mail, fax, telephone, or in person.  Please provide your full name, Revenue Services account number, and a telephone number where you can be reached.

  • Mailing address: Revenue Services, PO Box 2999, Redwood City, CA 94063-2999
  • Fax number: 650-363-4850
  • Telephone number: 650-363-4155
  • In person: Revenue Services, 455 County Center, 1st Floor, Redwood City
I thought the Private Defender was free. Why are you billing me?

Court appointed counsel services are not free.  The defendant receiving Private Defender representation is required to pay the County, based on financial ability, for the attorney service.  If you would like to be evaluated for a possible reduction in the cost of the Private Defender fee, please contact Revenue Services at 650-363-4155 for more information.

I thought the County hospital provided free services. Why do I have to pay?

There are costs associated with any visit to San Mateo Medical Center and their associated clinics. However, there are programs available to San Mateo County residents that can help with those costs. Please call 650-363-4155 for more information.

What do I do if I can’t pay this month on my payment plan?

If you are unable to make your monthly payment by the scheduled due date, please contact Revenue Services immediately at 650-363-4155, or in person at 455 County Center, 1st Floor, Redwood City.  Regular contact from you may help minimize the possibility of enforcement action being initiated against you.  It is very important that Revenue Services be kept informed about your current financial situation.

How do I get my monthly payments lowered?

Revenue Services cannot change monthly payments set by court order.  You must petition the court to obtain a modified order. 

Monthly payment amounts that were not ordered by the court are based on financial ability.  Please call 650-363-4155 to request a financial evaluation from your Revenue Collector.  They will use the information that you provide to determine your monthly payments.

Can I serve time for my fine?

If your case qualifies you may be eligible to serve time in lieu of paying a fine.  Court fees and restitution ARE NOT eligible and must be paid.  Please call 650-363-4155 to see if you qualify.

I received a notice from the Franchise Tax Board that my tax refund was intercepted or that my bank account was attached.  Why did this happen?

Revenue Services has an agreement with the State of California Franchise Tax Board to recover any past due amounts owed to San Mateo County.  If you received a notice from the State that they have intercepted your funds or attached your bank account, this means that Revenue Services has submitted your name to the State because you have not paid a debt that was owed to Revenue Services.

Does Revenue Services report accounts to Credit Bureaus?

Revenue Services reports only San Mateo Medical Center accounts to credit-reporting agencies, in accordance with the data furnishing requirements set by the Fair Credit Reporting Act. 

Once your account has been paid in full it will be reported as a paid collection account.

Revenue Services does not report Superior Court, Probation, Private Defender, Environmental Health, Sheriff, or any other accounts that we may collect on behalf of other County Agencies, to credit-reporting agencies.

Once paid, can this reported delinquency be deleted from my credit record?

Information can only be deleted from your credit file if the information is found to be inaccurate or can no longer be verified.  The consumer reporting agencies are not required to remove accurate data from your file.

How do I dispute incorrect information on my credit report?

You must contact the credit reporting agency to initiate a consumer dispute.