Lauren joined the County Attorney’s Office in 2020 as the Michael P. Murphy Public Law Fellow, after graduating from Berkeley Law. She became a Deputy County Attorney in 2021.
Current assignments include:
- Healthcare for the Homeless/Farmworker Health Program
- SFO Airport/Community Roundtable
- Children and Family Services litigation team
- Schools team
- General litigation
Undergraduate: Duke University
- Baldwin Scholar
Law School: U.C. Berkeley
- Pro Bono honors with Highest Distinction
- Awards in Appellate Advocacy, Advanced Legal Writing, and Written and Oral Advocacy
During law school, Lauren interned with the Oakland City Attorney’s Office (General and Complex Litigation Division), the California Attorney General’s Office (Consumer Law Section), and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of California (Civil Division). She also led the Consumer Rights Workshop and was a teaching assistant in the Written and Oral Advocacy program.
Lauren F. Carroll
Deputy County Attorney