Evacuation Orders Lifted:
Effective 08/27 12:00 PM -- Phased reentry process has begun. Please refer to SMC Wildfire Recovery for more information.
CZU Lightning Complex Evacuation Zone Map (Zonehaven) :
Latest Updates from CalFire:
- Residents who would like to receive email updates can follow this link and opt-in: https://tinyurl.com/czulightning
- Monitor local air quality
- Peninsula Humane Society is accepting financial donations online at https://phs-spca.org/donateonline/. Donations of pet food, cat litter and newspapers can be donated at their Coyote Point Shelter location at 12 Airport Blvd, San Mateo, CA 94401.
- Cow Palace Activated for Livestock Horse Evacuations
Financial donations can be sent to Puente or the Red Cross.
New, unopened donations can be dropped off at:
- Hours of donation 9am-4pm
- Location 1346 Saratoga - Gate 7
- Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone info: 650-574-3247
Requesting diapers, baby formula, school supplies: day packs, pens, highlighters, notebooks, pencils, sharpeners, markers, clipboards, small bottles of hand sanitizer
No other items will be accepted.
No goods will be accepted at the Half Moon Bay High School evacuation center.
Support for animal evacuees:
- Peninsula Humane Society is accepting donations of pet food, cat litter and newspapers at their Coyote Point Shelter location at 12 Airport Blvd, San Mateo, CA 94401 and financial donations online at https://phs-spca.org/donateonline/.
- To donate to the Cow Palace Livestock Evacuation Center, visit www.cowpalace.com for a list of needs.
- To help feed and support animals evacuated by the San Mateo County Lage Animal Evacuation Group, go to www.smclaeg.org and click on the Volunteer Now button.
- Donate feed and supplies to support the large animal evacuees at HMB Feed & Fuel, 331 Main St., Half Moon Bay, CA ; 650-726-4814. Financial donations can be made online at https://smclaeg.org
The County and community-based (nonprofit) organizations may need volunteers to help serve vulnerable members of our community. If you are interested in volunteering for the County or for a community-based organization, please sign up in our volunteer portal below. Depending on the current need, volunteers may be matched with openings at the County or a Community Based Organization.
Have a question or need more information about volunteering?
Send us an email at SMC_Volunteers@smcgov.org