Your County government is always here to serve you, and certainly during this time of COVID-19. The resources below can be useful for all adults, especially seniors. You'll find everything from help with basic needs to virtual museum tours (courtesy of San Mateo County Libraries).
Network of Care Resources for San Mateo County
- Get assistance with things like prescription deliveries, caregiving and a broad range of other services, from connecting with others to coping with stress. Click here, then click "Find Resources" on that page to be presented with button choices. Click one and your information will appear below it.
MORE SERVICES, IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER:
Board of Supervisors
- Residents can view Board meetings remotely. See the Board calendar and agendas, watch live or recorded meetings or connect with your district Supervisor: https://bos.smcgov.org
- AAS-procured COVID resources for seniors/disabled: sanmateo.networkofcare.org/aging/#passageCovidHeader
Emergency safety net
- Connect with the County’s Core Service Agencies -- they can help. Click here.
- The SMC Strong Fund is offering help for individuals, small businesses and nonprofits
- You might qualify for Medi-Cal, CalFresh, CalWORKs or general assistance
- Nutritious meals delivered to your home: Great Plates Delivered SMC delivers nutritious daily meals to qualified residents from participating restaurants through June 10, 2020. If you are 65 and older, or age 60-64 at high-risk from COVID-19, are COVID-19 positive or have been exposed to COVID-19, and live alone or with one other eligible adult, you might be eligible (other criteria apply). Call (800) 675-8437, and speak to multi-lingual County staff to apply for meal delivery services.
- Individuals aged 60 or above may qualify for San Mateo County's nutrition programs for Older Adults, such as group lunches at congregate meal sites and/or home-delivered meals. Visit the Aging & Adult Services Nutrition page or contact the San Mateo County TIES Line (1-800-675-8437) for more information.
- See if you qualify for the CalFresh nutrition program here.
- IN CRISIS? Reach out. The friendship line provides counseling and support to older adults and adults living with disabilities in both crisis and non-urgent situations. Call 800-971-0016 or visit www.ioaging.org/services/friendship-line.
- Latest local coronavirus information: https://www.smchealth.org/coronavirus
- Resources for hoarders: https://www.smchealth.org/general-information/how-much-too-much
- See, Stop, Prevent: Dependent and Older Adult abuse https://www.smchealth.org/elderabuse
- What to do after losing a loved one. Help from the Public Administrator: https://www.smchealth.org/publicadministrator
- Fight falls: https://www.smchealth.org/falls
- COVID-19 eviction regulations: https://housing.smcgov.org/covid-19-smc-eviction-regulations
- COVID-19 moratorium on rent increases: https://housing.smcgov.org/covid-19-smc-eviction-regulations
- Access books and audiobooks, stream movies, enjoy Rodin sculptures, even check in on the Sea Otters at Monterey Bay Aquarium, all online! https://smcl.org
- Peninsula Family Service Senior Peer Counseling Program: https://www.peninsulafamilyservice.org/our-programs/older-adult-services/seniorpeercounseling
Parks and trails
- See what’s open: https://parks.smcgov.org
- COVID Well Connected (formerly Senior Center Without Walls): free volunteer-led activities over the phone (like an old school chatline) such as meditation, music and history lectures: https://covia.org/services/well-connected
Scams (COVID-19): Avoid them!
- Video: Staying Safe During COVID-19 and Beyond. Brought to you by the County of San Mateo District Attorney's Office and San Mateo County Health.
- From San Mateo County Health: Watch out for senior scams https://www.smchealth.org/aging-and-adult-services-protection
- Get around the county with SamTrans, Caltrain, Bart, Uber, Lyft and more: https://www.smcgov.org/covid-19-getting-around-county
- Peninsula Health Care District’s Senior Services Resource Line (free hotline, provides friendly conversation and will conduct well being checks for you): peninsulahealthcaredistrict.org/wp-content/uploads/Senior-Services-Resource-Line-FB.pdf