Welcome to the 2022 Take A Hike Challenge! We have selected seven hiking routes in our parks to introduce you to the variety and beauty of your San Mateo County Parks! A special reward is available for those who complete the #2022TakeAHikeChallenge.
Follow these steps to complete the challenge:
- We recommend you download the OuterSpatial App for free. Visit the Take a Hike Challenge in the OuterSpatial app to view challenge routes and locations. You can also download the below PDFs of the challenge locations.
- Plan ahead for your hike.
- Some trail routes may be easier and some harder. Try your best to complete the route and if you’re looking for a longer hike try exploring other parts of the park.
- You can complete the challenge in any order you prefer! We will be highlighting a different park each month, but you do not need to complete that park in that month.
- San Bruno Mountain has a $6 vehicle entrance fee.
- Some parks allow dogs and others do not. Check out the individual pages for each park for more information! See more about Dog Access in County Parks.
- Take a selfie or group photo at the designated spot. See the photos below for where to take your picture.
- Help promote the challenge and share your photo on social media with the hashtag #TakeAHikeChallenge and the hashtag at the particular park, for example #SanBrunoMountain. Note: You don’t have to share on social media to qualify for the prize.
- To report your completed challenge and to submit for a prize, please fill out this form.
The deadline to complete the 2022 Take A Hike Challenge and claim your prizes is October 31st 2022.
- Four Challenges: Sunglasses and Hat
- All Seven Challenges: Above prizes + Fanny Pack!
Please note that supply for prizes is limited to the first 250 participants.
For questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
Thank you to our partners!
- San Mateo County Parks Foundation
- Kaiser Permanente
- Route 1: Crystal Springs Regional Trail
- Route 2: Fitzgerald Marine Reserve
- Route 3: San Bruno Mountain Park
- Route 4: Wunderlich Park
- Route 5: Quarry Park
- Route 6: Edgewood Park
- Route 7: Pescadero Creek Park
Come Hike with Us!
This year we’re offering in-person Take A Hike events in addition to the Take A Hike Challenge. The routes we take for the in-person events will be the same as those for the challenge, so you can complete the challenge on your own or with us. Find dates for the in-person hikes below.
All hikes run from 9:00 to 11:00AM. See registration links for more information. Registration links will be posted about a month before each event.